Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My little artist

So, I've mentioned the "Get your hand out of your pants, Jackson" problem before. Well, I'd like to chronicle a story... during this story I will refer to Jackson as angel. This is so that I don't develop a twitch. You'll understand in a moment.

It was a long day...Jackson was home sick from school while I was nearing the end of my maternity leave and I talked Justin into coming home from lunch during naptime to sit with my 2 under 2 while I ran to get the world's fastest haircut.

We had great day. I wanted to go to the park, but my battery died in my car. So front lawn picinc it was! We ate some lunch, and I tried to get the boys down for a nap. Jackson didn't want to sleep, but Justin tried his best. I arrived home and tried some more. He was in his room, but was just talking to himself as he does a lot during naptime. I didn't think much of it...he was resting and that was good enough. Well, I decided to get him and let him out of his room...he wasn't sleeping anyway...and I walked in... to his art show. THERE WAS POO EVERYWHERE! On his bed, on his carpet, on the glider, on the ottoman, on his stuffed animals, on him, on his socks, in his hair...EVERYWHERE!

The little blonde haired blue eyed angel innocently looked up and said "Poo poo Gross" Poo Poo Gross, really. NO KIDDING! I don't remember what I said nor how I responded. I turned into mommy machine and tossed my poo covered angel into the tub. LUCKILY, the one month old was happy (whew!). In walked Stacy, who asked which one made such a stinky diaper and I invited her into the bedroom to show her exactly what she was asking. I grabbed the nail scrubber...yes, he had it under his nails... and started scrubbing. Jackson was so excited about this new development! A bath in the middle of the day! What fun! I held back from killing the little angel proceeded to wash his sheets with a water hose in the front yard and spray the carpet with 12 gallons of ... OH NO! I'M OUT OF CARPET CLEANER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole while, Stacy is doing my disciplining for me...thank you, Stacy. I hear her saying, "Jackson, that's a no no!" and Jackson is saying "Poo poo gross".

God help me.

The next day...I heard him wake up. I tiptoed to his door to see if he was really awake. I listened. And then I heard it... "Poo Poo!" I flung open the door but I was too late. More poo...all over the bed.

Onesies onesies onesies...next nap - he's sleeping in a onesie with duck tape.

2 comments:

  1. You should seriously submit this to Parents Magazine!! It's only funny when it's not happening to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh MAN, now THIS one is still not funny to me!! There is nothing more sickening to me than cleaning up poo, especially under these circumstances! I hope Jackson has not made any more artwork like this for you!

    ReplyDelete