Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Mommy Guilt

I sent Jackson to his room the other night in the middle of dinner for squealing incesantly and disobeying. Well, I'll be more specific-the abbreviated version:
"Jackson, stop squealing"
"Ehhhh". This went on for a little while...
" Do you want to go to your room?"
"No"
"Then stop squealing-Mommy said for you not to do that"
This is where he cut his eyes at me and let out another "Eeeeehhhh"

I left him in his room for 5 minutes or so and he was screaming the whole time. It's amazing how such a simple punishment can hurt his feelings SO badly! When I finally returned to have the "talk" about why he was sent to his room and about obeying Mommy all he could say was "Mama, I cying" "I cying, Mama". It was pitiful. I said "I know Baby, that's kindof the point...it's a punishment."

"I cying"-that kid kills me. He honestly wondered why I didn't swoop in and save him. After all, he was cying.

No comments:

Post a Comment